What's a great Christmas holiday recipe that you can share with me?
I wish I can offer one, too, but I can only pre-made batter cookies
I wish I can offer one, too, but I can only pre-made batter cookies
An Italian tradition for you. Buon Natale!
Struffoli (Serves 8-10)
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TB unsalted butter
3 eggs and 1 egg yolk
2 TB sugar
1 TB grated orange zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegetable oil for frying
1 cup honey
Multicolored candy sprinkles
Fabbri Baba in Rhum
In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt.
Cut in butter until a fine meal forms.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, sugar, zest, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture.
Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 minute. Dough will be sticky.
Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with a towel, and let rest for 30 minutes.
Break off teaspoon -size pieces of the dough and roll between your palms to form into balls.
Heat about 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees F. in a wide saucepan.
Begin adding struffoli in batches into the oil to fit without crowding.
Cook, stirring occasionally with a slotted spoon, until crisp and brown, about 1 minute.
Remove the struffoli with the slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain.
When all the struffoli are fried, bring the honey to a simmer in a wide saucepan over low heat.
Remove the honey from the heat, add the struffoli and coat well.
Pile the struffoli into a mound on a large platter. Dust with the multicolored sprinkles.
Best served the day they are made.
Great Homemade Marshmallow Recipes?
Hey any one out there with homemade marshmallows recipes they want to share with us. I love them and I've never made them from scratch. Plese if you have a great old recipe you can share...
Happy Holidays !!!
Hey any one out there with homemade marshmallows recipes they want to share with us. I love them ...
Basic Recipe For Marshmallows
2 pk gelatin, unflavored
1/2 c ; water, cold
2 c sugar
3/4 c corn syrup, light
3/4 c ; water
2 ts vanilla
1/4 c sugar, confectioners; mixed
1/4 c cornstarch
Combine the gelatin and cold water in a large mixing bowl. Let the
mixture stand while preparing the sugar syrup.
Lightly oil a two-quart saucepan. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and
three-quarters of a cup of water in the saucepan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Cover, and
bring to a boil. Remove the cover as soon as the mixture boils;
cook, without stirring, to 245 F. (firm ball stage). Remove from the
heat. Pour the hot syrup slowly into the softened gelatin, combining
with a mixer. The entire process should take 15 minutes. Add the
vanilla at the very end of the beating process. At this point the
marshmallow mixture should be very light and fluffy.
Lightly oil an 8"x8"x2" pan. Sprinkle half the confectioners' sugar-
cornstarch mixture over the bottom; pour the marshmallow mixture over
this. Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to cut the marshmallows, sprinkle the rest of the
confectioner's sugar-cornstarch mixture over the top of the
marshmallow. Lift the entire piece out of the pan onto a cutting
board. Use very sharp scissors, dipped into cold water periodically,
to cut the marsh- mallow into one-inch square pieces. Roll pieces in
the confectioners' sugar-cornstarch mixture; there will be enough
left in the bottom of the pan for this step. Let the marshmallows
dry on a cooling rack for an hour or two. Store in an airtight
container. The marshmallows will stay moist at least three weeks.
This recipe makes 64 one-inch marshmallows or 128 half-inch
FAVORITE RECIPES??? :)) PLZ SHARE?
Hello.. im making a recipe binder so i can try new things... anyone wanna share their favorite childhood recipe? holiday recipe? anytime recipe? I LOVE to bake so desserts and homemade candies and cookies are good!! Anything you have would be great! thank you!!!! and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS :o)
Hello.. im making a recipe binder so i can try new things... anyone wanna share their favorite ch...
tgis is my fave it's easy starts with a cake mix and its a real hit with my fam and friends! I also do it in a cupcake for but those only take 15-20 minutes, thats the only difference.
Solid vegetable shortening for greasing the pans
Flour for dusting the pans (See above) or you can use a little cake mix!
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
1 cup whole milk
8 T (1 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs
1 t pure vanilla extract
2 t ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
Preheat over to 350, generously grease two 9″ round cake pans with shortening then dust with flour. Shake out the excess and put the pans aside.
Place the cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. Divide the batter between the prepared pans, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pans in the oven side by side.
Bake the cakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 27 to 29 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edge of each layer and invert each onto a rack, then invert them again onto another rack so that the cakes are right side up. Allow them to cool completely, 30 minutes more.
Meanwhile, prepare the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting.
Place one cake layer, right side up, on a serving platter. Spread the top with frosting. place the second layer, right side up on top of the first layer and frost the top and sides of the cake with clean, smooth strokes.
Place this cake, uncovered, in the refrigerator until the frosting sets, 20 minutes. Cover the cake with waxed paper and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Or freeze it, wrapped in aluminum foil, for up to 6 months. thaw the cake overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
8 T room temperature butter
3 3/4 C confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3 to 4 T milk
1 t pure vanilla extract
1 t ground cinnamon
Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds. Stop the machine and add the powdered sugar, 3 T milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend with the mixer on low until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more. Blend in up to 1 T milk if the frosting seems too stiff.
Are there any good breakfast recipes out there?
So we all know the economy is bad and my family is already preparing for a small Christmas. In effort to save money and make more meaningful gifts, we agreed to make gifts for the holidays. This is where my question comes in.
My dad loves to cook. He also loves to pick up old family cookbooks at yard sales. He has plenty of these cookbooks and more dinner recipes than he could ever try but not so many breakfast recipes. My idea is to make him his own cookbook of breakfast items with great family recipes from all over. Anything from eggs, casseroles, breakfast sandwiches, to pancakes, waffles, muffins! If you have a great family breakfast recipe please share. Please include your name (first name only) and hometown so I can give you credit in the cookbook. And this will be for gift giving only - not to be sold.
So we all know the economy is bad and my family is already preparing for a small Christmas. In e...
This is sooooo good and can feed a whole family. I usually make this with 1 lb. of sausage instead of ham, so you can use either one.
**Ham 'n Cheese Omelet Bake**
1 (10-oz.) box chopped broccoli
1 (10.2-oz.) can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
Salt and pepper, if desired
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/3 cup chopped onion
8 oz. (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
DIRECTIONS 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Microwave broccoli in bowl on High for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating bowl 1/4 turn once halfway through microwaving. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces; arrange evenly in sprayed dish.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ham, onion, cheese, mushrooms and cooked broccoli. Pour mixture over biscuit pieces in dish. Press down with back of spoon, making sure all biscuit pieces are covered with egg mixture.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Holiday Recipes Please!!?
Hello, I'm going on a special trip this Thanksgiving, to where I grew up. I haven't been back in 7 years, and I'm staying with my sister. We have plans to bake and prepare a feast! Any delicious family recipes that you can share with me would be great!! Doesn't matter what kind, dessert/main course/apps/drinks. TIA!
Hello, I'm going on a special trip this Thanksgiving, to where I grew up. I haven't been back in ...
This isn't really a recipe, but my favorite thing growing up was biscuits (just made with Bisquick!!) in the turkey gravy. Yum. I still love it but usually don't have it cause nobody else wants biscuits. But, I put my gravy on the homemade rolls.
If I think of another recipe, I'll get back to ya...
Here is a really good veggie casserole recipe. We always have to have a veggie casserole. Actually here are two...
9 X 9 pan
20 oz. broccoli, half cooked
1 C mayonnaise
1 C shredded cheddar
1 C crushed cheese crackers
Mix all. 350 30 minutes
20 oz. frozen cauliflower
20 ox frozen broccoli
1 can french style green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery...
2 tsp. minced onion
2 T butter
1/2 C milk
1 lb. american cheese
Cook and drain veggies. Combine the rest and heat. (I sometimes use american cheese, sometimes cheddar). Mix all together in 13 x 9 pan.
250 40 minutes
What's your BEST recipe?
I have a friend who's getting married and I am making her a really neat recipe book. It has several sections : easy and cheap, fancy stuff, and holiday's and desserts.
The holiday's and desserts section could use a few more desserts....But really any awesome recipe will do.
If you have any great recipes that you have made yourself (not just from a website), would you please share them with me so i can add them to her book?
So far I have about 30 of my favorite recipes in there, and I can't think of much more!
I have a friend who's getting married and I am making her a really neat recipe book. It has sever...
Every bride should have an amazing brownie recipe! HECK, every woman should!
4 (1 ounce) squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup coarsely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil.
2.Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and pecans; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
3.Bake 30 to 35 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudge crumbs. (Do not over bake.) Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove brownies from pan, using foil handles. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Anyone looking for new recipe ideas or ingredients?
i have some great recipes and ingredients i would love to share with you. Perfect for the holidays and its simple enough for even the first time cooks. Also have a few things that you can make as an activity with your kids. How about 4 meals in 4 minutes for the busy bodies? I have great ideas for you as well.
I have some great recipes and ingredients i would love to share with you. Perfect for the holidays and its simple enough for even the first time cooks. Also have a few things that you can make as an activity with your kids. How about 4 meals in 4 minutes for the busy bodies? I have great ideas for you as well.
Email me Ash_Oliver33@yahoo.com
i have some great recipes and ingredients i would love to share with you. Perfect for the holiday...
I would love some - Recently I've been using MyFridgeFood to get new recipes - Since I just started and all... but I love sharing new ones :)
Is this Roast recipe the Bomb?
Ok Ok so it isn't exactly a question so much as it is a ploy to share an incredible recipe with all of you for the Christmas holiday.
Slow Cooker Roast
1 4-6 lb Chuck Roast (Only Chuck roast)
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (Dry)
1 pkg Hidden Valley Italian Dressing mix (Dry)
1 pkg Brown Gravy Mix
1/4 cup water
Pour water into slow cooker
Place roast in next
Sprinkle the contents of the 3 dry mixes on top
Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
If you desire add chopped garlic or Onions
In the final 2 hours add potatoes or vegetables of your choice.
When the roast is done remove it to a serving plate and allow the remaining fat to cool and harden. Remove fat then make gravy
(Secret) The more fatty a chuck roast is when purchased, the more it will fall apart.
This is my gift to all with this only hope: You wont think this roast is good nor even great. But rather..... Earth Shaking
Feel free to jot down my e-mail so you can comment on the results or just maybe you have a recipe to share that is equally earth shaking.
The Beast Has Spoken
Ok Ok so it isn't exactly a question so much as it is a ploy to share an incredible recipe with a...
Does anyone out there have something that they make for dinner on Christmas that everyone just loves and can you share your recipe. Here is one for you and if you like eggnog you got to try it. In a bowl put one gallon of whole milk two packages of vanilla pudding mix, and about a table spoon of nutmeg and vanilla extract. for a little extra taste put in just a little rum extract (optional) let set for awhile taste you might have to put a touch more nutmeg.. another option is putting spoonfuls of whip cream on the top makes it taste great.. I know at my parties this gets sucked down with a lot of compliments. if you wanted im sure you could go low fat??? But its Christmas.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS:!!!!!
Sorry about the misspelled word thats what I get when trusting spell check..
The Vanilla that I use is just plain old instant pudding no cooking....
Does anyone out there have something that they make for dinner on Christmas that everyone just lo...
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup cold water
* 1 (1 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 dash food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly and well blended. Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x9 inch baking pan.
2. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and golden. Set aside to cool.
3. Pour cold water into a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in the white sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and gelatin. When the mixture is clear, remove from heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar. Set aside until cool.
4. When the mixture has cooled to luke warm, stir in the baking powder, vanilla and almond extracts and any color of food coloring. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until the mixture can hold a peak. Pour over the shortbread base and cool until the gloss disappears. Cut into 36 squares and enjoy!
I have to make a poem out of 10 of these 20 things; I can't choose which ones. Please help!?
I have to make a poem out of "Ten Things I Find Awesome". We had to make a list of 20 at first but now she wants us to narrow it down to ten. Which ones do you think would sound great in a poem?
1. Running - I lvoe going running (especially early in the morning) because it gives me a chance to contemplate things on my mind, and I can relax and think about nothing but jogging. Long runs give me a sense of accomplishment; also, I think it's the closes thing I have to flying!
2. Meeting Goals - I enjoy making progress towards goals I've set for myself,; my confidnce soars aftr witnessing ideas evolve into action.
3. New books - Although I'm not an extremely avid reader, I love shopping for the books I like, and collecting them. At bookstores, I stand in front of bookshelves and pick up books at random and read random lines from them.
4. No school - I love waking up on a Monday morning and remembering that it's a holiday.
5. Sleep - I love sleeping--especially for more than ten hours and waking up naturally and on time.
6. Waking up from a bad dream, and realizing that it was just a dream.
7. Frinds - frinds are people you can talk to anout anything and everything, without feeling embarrassed.
8. Compliments - many people will try to flattr you, but it's a great feeling oonce you realize that someone meant the complimnt they just gave you.
9. Giving presents - surprising other poeple with presents, and making them smile
10. Cleaning my room - cleaning my room is nevr fun, but the feeling of satisfaction and achievement you get from looking at the end result is great.
11. Random acts of kindness - eg. smiling at people, giving change etc.
12. Chocolate - Apparently, chocolate contains an ingredient that maks serotonin, which is a mood/feelings regulator (so it maksyou happy and energetic!)
13. I love getting perfect on a test that I didn't study for.
14. Doing nothing - I love being ok with not being productive, I usualyl don't use my time wisely.
15. Naps - I love taking long naps, especially when I know I have nothing important to do that day.
16. I love eopening the blinds at night, to a clear sky and having the moonlight shine down on my as I'm sleeping (so relaxing).
17. I love staying up late at night, listeing to music and chatting with my friends.
18. Old horror movies - I've always enjoyed watching old scary movies lik "The Blob"; the lack of technology in the 80s make the movie all the more entertaining/humorous.
19. Baking - Baking always makes me feel happy, especially when other people try your recipe and njoy it.
20. Talking to my sister - I share basically everything with my older sister--almost every single detail in my life with her... she's like my diary I spill my life to!
I'm not asking you to write the poem for me, just list the things that would sound good in a poem.
Also, what are some ideas for an opening and closing line? Thanks for any help in advance!!
If it helps at all, I'm in grade 10
I have to make a poem out of "Ten Things I Find Awesome". We had to make a list of 20 at first bu...
THE REASON I CHOOSE THOSE BECAUSE THEY ALL CONECT IN SOME TYPE OF WAY FAR AZ SCHOOL FRIENDS AND WHAT U LIKE TO DO AND MOST OF THE THINGS INVOVLE UR FRIENDS SO GUD LUCK